The following flow chart provides a simplified process for re-development or changes to existing developments, buildings, or spaces.
- Project Review / Lease Adjustment – Tenants, working with RAA Planning & Development, review the proposed project to confirm it meets the current Development Regulations and permitted uses as stated in the tenant’s lease. If the use proposed is not a permitted used in the Tenant’s lease, an adjustment to the tenant’s lease potentially can be considered or renegotiated.
- Design Approval / Development Permit – Tenants submit required information to RAA Planning & Development for approval of the proposed re-development or alteration
- Facility Alteration Permit – Tenants are required to fill out a Facility Alteration Permit. After review, Building Permit(s) may also be required, dependent on the project.
- Building Permit – Tenants submit design drawings sealed by the responsible professional. Building permit(s) are issued by RAA, upon review and recommendation of a third-party building code inspector.
- Occupancy Permit – An occupancy permit is issued by RAA upon acceptable completion of a development when the work is completed and suitable for occupancy.
The full Regina Airport Development Regulations are available here: YQR Development Regulations
For information or questions about alterations or re-development, please contact:
John Aston A. Sc. T., DULE
Vice President, Commercial, Projects and Planning
Regina Airport Authority