As Regina International Airport continues to grow, there is increasing pressure on the airport terminal and surrounding infrastructure. Regina Airport Authority (RAA) works on behalf of the community to manage and maintain the airport asset.
Airport Improvement Fee (AIF)
The Authority collects an Airport Improvement Fee (AIF) on every enplaned passenger at Regina International Airport; currently, the AIF is set at $20 per person. The AIF fee is used strictly for facility and infrastructure improvements.
With all the infrastructure requirements that are a result of the airport growth, the AIF is not covering all associated capital requirements and debt financing is required to cover the shortfall.
Current Airport Improvement Projects
- Runway Enhancement & Apron Expansion Project
- Check-in Hall Common Use Detail Design
- Air Terminal Backup Power Generator Installation
- Interior & Exterior Way Finding Signage
- Water-Loop Redundancy Project
- IT Capital Program