As Regina International Airport continues to grow, there is increasing pressure on the airport terminal and surrounding infrastructure. Regina Airport Authority (RAA) works on behalf of the community to manage and maintain the airport asset.
The Authority collects an Airport Improvement Fee (AIF) on every enplaned passenger at Regina International Airport; currently, the AIF is set at $20 per person. The AIF fee is used strictly for facility and infrastructure improvements.
With all the infrastructure requirements that are a result of the airport growth, the AIF is not covering all associated capital requirements and debt financing is required to cover the shortfall.
We are working hard on our food, beverage and retail service changes at YQR and are pleased to share some delicious updates to help you start (or finish) your journey!
Post-Security, Second Level:
- Brioche Doree - serving a variety of tasty pastries, sandwiches, soup, salads and a selection of beverages
- Tim Hortons - piping hot coffee and an assortment of beverages available with additional offerings to follow shortly
- Relay - a newer, larger, bright space to offer convenience items, duty free and travel necessities
Pre-Security, Main Level:
- Subway - enjoy a sandwich made to your liking conveniently located on the main level and open 24/7
- Rumour Handcraft - a YQR favorite for local arts and wares relocated to the Arrivals Area
While our new full service Tim Hortons (open October 5) and our new Skyway restaurant (open October 16) located on the second floor pre-security are in the final stages, we are confident the new food, beverage and retail opportunities currently available both pre- and post-security will meet your immediate needs. We are also working hard on our Arrivals Area to provide a convenience store and additional Tim Hortons as well as enhancements to our current taxi, customer service and security areas to benefit our guests.
For more details on the exciting renovations and improvements happening at YQR click HERE. We want to continue to keep you informed! Click HERE to see the progress we are making right now and the temporary solutions in place to ensure you, our valued guest continue to have a positive experience at YQR!